Even though I go to school in South Carolina, my home is Memphis, Tennessee!
Memphis is located in far West corner of Tennessee. It is the biggest city in the state!
I am a resident of Memphis so I am called a Memphian.
Downtown Memphis is located right on the Mississippi River!
The Mississippi River is the 4th longest river in the world!
The Chickasaw Indian tribe was here before the Spanish explorers arrived at the land that makes up Memphis now.
Memphis got its name from the city Memphis in
Egypt. Egypt is famous for its great pyramids that were made thousands of years
ago.
So, Memphis Tennessee made a pyramid of our own!
Except it is an actual building instead of an
ancient tomb and is still used today!
Memphis has a rich southern culture.
It is best known for its music and is the home
of Rock and Roll and the Blues.
The King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley, was a
Memphian also.
There is even a musical called Memphis! It is so
good. I have seen it! You can listen to a song from it here!
Beale Street is a famous historic street
downtown where a lot of the music was first recorded.
Memphis is also known for our delicious Barbecue. I miss Memphis food when I am away!
I love you and i love to met you and I like your food and I like you
ReplyDeleteAnd you have a good and do you like ice cream and good bye.
From sauma